NOTICE & AGENDA
May 19, 2017
14201 Del Monte Blvd., Marina, CA
CALL TO ORDER AT 9:30 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Anyone wishing to address the Board on matters not appearing on the Agenda may do so now. Please limit comments to a maximum of three (3) minutes. The public may comment on any other matter listed on the agenda at the time the matter is being considered by the Board.
These matters include routine financial and administrative actions, which are usually approved by a single majority vote. Individual items may be removed from Consent for discussion and action.
3) Small Planet News: District Site as a Natural Habitat.
Other Items for board consideration, discussion and action
5) Approve Tipping Fee Increases Effective July 1, 2017 to:
a. Solid Waste (Basic Rate) Landfill Rate, from $51.75 Per Ton to $56.00 Per Ton.
b. Yard Waste Rate From 30.00 Per Ton to $32.50 Per Ton.
c. Food Scraps Rate From $42.00 Per Ton to 45.50 Per Ton.
9) Adopt Resolution 2017-12 Authorizing Execution of a Construction Contract for Materials Recovery Facility Administration Improvement Project, to Ausonio, Inc., of Castroville, CA in the Amount of $1,118,921.00.
10) Approve Agreement for and Consent to Co-Location and Compatible Use Pipeline Easement with the Monterey County Water Resources Agency (Relating to the MCWRA’s Current Easement for its Salinas River Diversion Facility Pipeline on District Property).
14) Report on District Capital Projects.
As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to a Closed or Executive Session to consider specific matters dealing with pending or prospective litigation, certain personnel matters, or to confer with District’s Meyers-Milias-Brown representative.
Next meeting date: june 23, 2017