NOTICE & AGENDA
April 21, 2017
14201 Del Monte Blvd., Marina, CA
CALL TO ORDER AT 9:30 AM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Anyone wishing to address the Board on matters not appearing on the Agenda may do so now. Please limit comments to a maximum of three (3) minutes. The public may comment on any other matter listed on the agenda at the time the matter is being considered by the Board.
These matters include routine financial and administrative actions, which are usually approved by a single majority vote. Individual items may be removed from Consent for discussion and action.
7) Presentation of Resolution of Appreciation to Eric Sanico.
8) Presentation of Resolution of Appreciation to Mayor David Pendergrass.
9) Recognition of Site Maintenance Staff for Their Efforts During Recent Storms.
10) Small Planet News: History of Earth Day
Other Items for board consideration, discussion and action
a. Solid Waste (Basic Rate) Landfill Rate, from $51.75 Per Ton to $56.00 Per Ton.
b. Yard Waste Rate From 30.00 Per Ton to $32.50 Per Ton.
c. Food Scraps Rate From $42.00 Per Ton to 45.50 Per Ton.
13) Adopt Resolution 2017-11 Authorizing Execution of a Construction Contract for Materials Recovery Facility Site Improvement Project, to Qualified Low Bidder, GraniteRock, of Watsonville, CA for the Base Bid and Alternate 2 Combined Amount of $1,077,528.
15) Approve Contract with Sloane Vasquez McAfee of Tustin, CA in an Amount Not to Exceed $122,000 for Materials Recovery Facility Improvement Project Operational Acceptance Testing and System Training.
21) Report on District Capital Projects.
22) Report on Status of Monterey Bay Community Power Formation.
As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to a Closed or Executive Session to consider specific matters dealing with pending or prospective litigation, certain personnel matters, or to confer with District’s Meyers-Milias-Brown representative.
1) Conference with Labor Negotiators:
District Negotiators: Tim Flanagan, Peter Skinner, and Berta Torres
Employee Organizations: Operating Engineers and Management Employees
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION with ANY REQUIRED ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM CLOSED SESSION
Next meeting date: May 19, 2017